Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Squares

Last Sunday I promised the ladies at church that I would bring something the following week for the fellowship, I thought about it during the week and then it slipped my mind until Saturday morning. At work I started looking through magazines to see if anything caught my eye. I told my boss I need to make something for church fellowship tomorrow, she said go to the store and by a box of Halloween cookies. I told her I couldn’t do that people know that I always make my goodies homemade. She told me not to live up to other peoples standards of me. I told her that making my stuff from scratch is the standards I set for myself not because of others and that I still needed to post something for the followers of my cooking blog, (which I love doing). Yes I guess I could have just gone to the store and bought something, but when you love baking and trying new recipes why would I do that.

I think this recipe came from a label off the back of a box of oatmeal; it was in my binder of recipes that I want to try, the brand name is missing. It was a hit at church on Sunday!

Pumpkin Pie Squares
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oat meal
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
¾ cup butter, softened
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1(12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and pecans. Cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining oat mixture (about 2 1/3 cups) onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; beat well. Pour pumpkin mixture over crust; bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture over top; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool. Cut into squares.Pin It

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, these look fantastic!!