Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rosemary Nuts

Last Saturday I was invited to a Garden Party /Fund Raiser by my friend Susan, we had a lot of fun. At every table there was a small bowl of mixed nuts; my first nibble I thought Oh? These nuts have a little kick, and then I had to have some more and some more, they are so addicting. I was so glad to find out that they gave us all the recipes for the dishes that they served that day.
This morning before I went to work I was telling Richard about the nuts again, I told him I was going to make them when I got home today. But I was not going to use mix nuts because I didn’t have any that I was going to use the bag of almonds that I had in the freezer. I bought the bag from Costco a few months ago and there was almost 2 pound left, I just doubled all the ingredients and they turned out great. Be careful when you try these nuts you might not be able to stop yourself once you get started.

Rosemary Nuts
1 pound mixed nuts (walnuts pecans, cashews, or almonds) or any combination that you would like
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon butter, melted

Spread nuts out onto baking sheet and roast at 350⁰F for 10 minutes; stirring after first 5 minutes. Mix together in a small bowl cayenne pepper, salt, and brown sugar; set aside. After roasting, pour nuts into a large mixing bowl. Toss with melted butter coating all the nuts; then toss with cayenne pepper mixture stirring to coat all the nuts. Spread back onto the baking sheet to cool. Store in air tight container.Pin It

2 comments:

Brandy said...

yum yum

Rich said...

I'm having people over for the World Series tonight and these look perfect to serve! I (and I'm sure my company) thank you!