Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blueberry Coffee Cake

I love blueberries! I made this coffee cake a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post it. I was looking through my files and found it, better a late posting than no posting at all. You will enjoy this coffee cake for breakfast with a nice hot cup of coffee. I know that I did!


Blueberry Coffee Cake
1½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter, soften
½ cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)

Crumb Topping
2/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a spoon or spatula until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients blend until smooth. Spread batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with blueberries; set aside

To prepare crumb topping mix together 2/3 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over the blueberries in baking pan.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.Pin It

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Blueberries are one of my favorites!

MariBio said...

A beautiful recipe.
Ciao.

http://cooking-italian.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of blueberries. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Brandy said...

Looks delicious :)