Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pumpkin Crumb Bars

This is another one of those recipes that I don’t remember where it came from. I made it today to take for fellowship time at church, I do know that when I make them people always ask me for the recipe. I love to eat the bars when they are warm from the oven with a glass of milk. Yum!

Pumpkin Crumb Bars
1 box yellow or spice cake mix
1 egg, beaten
½ cup butter, melted
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
3 eggs
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray or grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Set aside 1 cup cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry cake mix with 1 egg and ½ cup melted butter. Mix well, and then press into prepared pan.
In a another large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, 3 eggs, ½ cup white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
In a small bowl, combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, ½ cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter.
Crumble over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top, if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum... pumpkin is not just for Thanksgiving.

Heidi said...

Another one I can't wait to try!!