Saturday, January 16, 2010

Petite Caramel Pecan Rolls

I found these seamless Pillsbury Crescent dough sheets at the store the other day and started wondering what I could make with them. I went to the Pillsbury website and found this recipe. I didn’t have any pecans but that’s ok because Ariel doesn’t like nuts in her food. They turned out so yummy; they remind me of pecan twirls. I have been eating pecan twirls since I was a little girl, oh how I love pecan twirls. I would love it when my stepmom Gen would make them. They were her way of baking; she would add a dab of butter on top of each roll then heat them up in the oven. I could eat the whole pan back then just like I could have today with the petite caramel pecan rolls if I didn’t have to share them with Richard and Ariel.


Petite Caramel Pecan Rolls
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; blend well. Spread in bottom of ungreased 8- or 9-inch round cake pan.

If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough and separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough and cut into 4 rectangles.

In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle mixture evenly over rectangles. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the pecans over each rectangle.

Starting at shorter side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 4 slices. Place cut side down over brown sugar mixture in pan.



Bake 20 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 1 minute; turn upside down onto heatproof serving platter or foil. Serve warm or cool.



Pin It

No comments: