Saturday, January 2, 2010

Caramel- Filled Chocolate Cookies

The other day I bought a bag of Rolos. I was planning on making the pretzel pecan turtles and then another recipe came to mind that I made years ago. But I lost the recipe, so I went in search of it and found the recipe on the Pillsbury web site. I change the recipe just a little, because Ariel doesn’t like nuts. So I did not add the nuts to the dough and I did not dip all the cookie dough balls into the topping. They are just as good as I remember.

Caramel- Filled Chocolate Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
48 Rolos candies unwrapped
Topping:
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375°.
In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; Mix well.
In a large bowl beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add flour mixture and blend. Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
In a small bowl combine chopped pecans with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
For each cookie, shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 Rolo, covering completely.
Press one side of each ball into the nut mixture and place, nut side up, two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool at least two minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.Pin It

No comments: