Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chili Spaghetti

I remember the first time I had Chili Spaghetti; it was during the summer of 1982, I moved to California to live with my mom and stepdad, one night for supper she served spaghetti topped with chili and cheese, and it was love at first bite. I don’t remember eating a lot of chili when I was growing up, I remember I made chili onetime from the package and my stepmom said it was to spicy for her too eat. That explains why there was a lot of bland food in our house when I was younger. Now when I make chili for my family Richard wants pinto bean in the chili and I want kidney beans, well tonight I won. If your family is picky about their beans to, you could serve them both on the side that way everyone is happy. This is a mild chili recipe, you could enjoy it the way it is or spice it up a little. I'm sure it will be love at first bite for you too.



Chili Spaghetti

Chili (recipe follows)
Dried Spaghetti; desired servings; cooked according to package direction
Cheddar Cheese; grated



Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans or pinto beans
1 (14 ½oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder


In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain.
Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Pin It

No comments: