Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chocolate Pecan Pie

I made this pie years ago, and then I lost the recipe. A friend gave me a calender a few years ago and this recipe was for the month of November, so I gave it a try. I love the taste of pecans and chocolate, so what better way to have them than in a pie.





Chocolate Pecan Pie

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup pecan halves or broken pecans
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Heat oven to 375 F. Make pie crust.

Beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt and eggs in large bowl with hand mixer. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into un-baked pie shell. Cover edge with of pie with aluminum foil to prevent over browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool! Store in refrigerator.
Pin It

No comments: