Saturday, April 14, 2012

Taco Bean Soup


It was time to go back to Weight Watcher. I tried to do it on my own and I just couldn’t. I should have known because Weight Watchers has always worked for me in the past.
The first time I went to a Weight Watches meeting was over 10 years ago and I lost 30 pounds and I made Lifetime. Over time life got and the way, I got busy with my kids and all their activities, and I stopped going to the meetings. And slowly but surely I put the weight back on.
I went back before I gained all the weight back and that time I lost 20 pounds and I started working for Weight Watchers as a leader. I worked for them for almost 2 years and I kept the weight off, because every month I had to send to corporate how much I weighed. Even though I loved being a leader I had to leave Weight Watchers because I needed to spend more time with my family.
So here I am years later and the weight has once again crept back on. So today I went back to Weight Watcher because I KNOW it will work.
And so I dusted of some of my tried and true low point recipes, like this Taco Bean soup. This soup used to be a 2 point value but because things have changed at Weight Watchers I and it is now worth 3 points.
If you need to find out about food point values and how the program works you need to give Weight Watchers a try.
So check back often because I will be posting other point friendly dishes as well as my weight lost journey.

Taco Bean Soup
1 large onion, chopped
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups frozen corn or 1 can
1 can chicken broth
1 can black beans, drained
1 can white beans
1 can fat free refried beans
1 can Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes

Sauté onions until soft in a large sauce pan sprayed with cooking spray. Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
 Serving size is 1 cup. WW 3 pts.
Pin It

No comments: