Monday, July 18, 2011

Zucchini Bread


My beautiful little garden that I talked about on my other blog has started to produce zucchini.
And if you have every planted a zucchini plant before than you know what is about to happen. I will be having zucchinis coming out my ears. That can be a blessing as well as a curse. On one hand my family gets to eat zucchini bread and all the other dishes that I can come up with. But one the other hand they might start yelling No more zucchini, Please no more zucchini! But as for now I will start them off with some zucchini bread.
 I love the sweet smell of zucchini bread baking in the oven. And that first cut the end piece, oh how I love that crunchy end piece!  But I also love the soft texture of the center pieces and that always leads us to another end piece! Oh no! Now I am out of zucchini bread I guess I will have to make some more. Good thing I have a zucchini plant in my garden!

Zucchini Bread
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups flour
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

In a large bowl beat oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and flour. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans; bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never thought of thsi combination.Looks really yummy and will give it a try:)

Maureen said...

Zucchini bread is so moist and delicious. Perfect with a cup of tea when you need a break. One year I made the mistake of planting all the little zucchini seedlings because I just couldn't bear to kill really healthy plants. never again! I was begging people to take them. I'd made so many casseroles, breads, grilled veggies and more that I couldn't look at a zucchini for weeks. :)

Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate said...

Ha, no kidding about the zucchini plants! I just picked off 4 tonight and it looks like i'll be making zucchini bread tomorrow. Thanks for the yummy recipe.

Following you :)