Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cucumber Tomato Salad


Nothing beats a fresh veggie salad especially when those veggies come from your own garden. When I went out to check and see what was ready to pick I found a few cucumbers and some ripe tomatoes. And this salad came to mind.
 I have never really had a recipe for this I usually just toss everything in a bowl. I usually use a purple onion because it is Richard favorite, but all I had was a white one. He didn’t seem to miss it. I know this because when he ate the salad he didn’t say anything about the onions.

Cucumber Tomato Salad
2 medium cucumbers
3 large tomatoes
1 small onion
½ cup fat free Italian salad dressing
1 tablespoon McCormick Salad Supreme

Peel, quarter and then slice the cucumber in to chunks; cut tomatoes into bite size pieces; diced the onion. Combine the veggies with the salad dressing and Salad Supreme. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my mother-in-law's favorite salad! She would love this!

Mommy Girl said...

Hey Stefanie, thanks for stopping by my blog! You mentioned canning strawberry jam - what canning equipment do you use? I'm looking to but some "real" stuff!!!