Sunday, July 31, 2011

Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta


Take a look at the size of this pasta! It's like a giant cork-screw!
 I found this a few months ago at Target. I was thinking about what recipe that I could use this in, maybe a pasta bake or a mac-cheese dish. Or maybe some kind of an unusual pasta sauce to go with such unusual pasta. Well I finally decided to go with the sauce that was written on the back of the package.
The only thing that I changed in the recipe is the amount of tomatoes and tomato sauce that I used because I used what I had on hand. I have written by the change in parenthesis.
I am sure you are wondering about the taste of this sauce. It is wonderful or sure I say it was wonderful because there is none left!


Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta

1 package of Archer Farms Girandole pasta
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes (I used 2 (15 oz.) cans)
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce (I used 1 (16 oz.) can)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; Add ground sausage, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through, breaking up large pieces.
Add tomatoes, sauce, paste and seasoning. Break up tomatoes with spoon. Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream and basil. Serve with pasta.Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pasta is always welcome on the table.With yummy sauce and greshly grated parmesan..good salad on the side ..who could wish for anything nmore;)

Tara @ the pleased plate said...

This would go over big with my husband! I love the giant corkscrew shape. Target always has great finds!