Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

It’s a cold and raining day in California. On a day like today I want soup, but I have wanted chicken pot pie for a week. I was wondering if I could have both. So after a quick run to the store this is what I came up with. It came out pretty good if I do say so myself. I asked Ariel what she thought of the soup, her one word was YUMMMY!


Chicken Pot Pie Soup
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups potatoes, diced
1 (16oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups cooked chopped chicken
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste

1 pie crust cooked according to package directions. Cooled and broken into pieces.

In a large pot combine chicken broth, potatoes, and frozen mixed vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender; add cooked chicken return to a simmer.
In a medium sauce pan over med-high heat melt butter; add flour; whisk until smooth cooking 1 minute. Slowly add milk and cook until mixture thickens. Add milk mixture to soup and simmer 15 minutes.
Serve in bowls with pie crust pieces.Pin It

No comments: