Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meatball Subs for a Crowd

I was looking through my Mixing Bowl magazine when I came across a recipe for meatball subs, in the recipe in the magazine they used frozen meatballs; I don’t really care for the frozen meatball that are sold in the store, so I decided to make my own. I changed the sauce a little, I wanted the sauce to have more of a kick and I add cheese to the sauce because in my family you can never have enough.


Meatball Subs for a Crowd

Meatballs:
2 pounds ground beef
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup water

Sauce:
1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a large bowl combine ingredients for meatballs; roll into 1 inch balls and place into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile combine in a medium saucepan the ingredients for the sauce; heat over medium heat for 20 minutes; pour over meatballs in baking dish and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve on toasted hoagie roll with grated mozzarella cheese.Pin It

No comments: