Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lasagna Soup

You will love this interesting way to serve lasagna. I was thinking a few weeks ago about making lasagna and then I started wondering if there was a way to make it into a soup. So I went to the web and low and behold there it was lasagna soup. I kept telling my family and co-workers about this soup idea. My co-worker Lena wanted to know how I was going to make the soup, what was I going to put in it. I told her I wouldn’t know until I started cooking then I would write it down as I cooked. I knew I wanted the soup to be similar to my lasagna recipe, so with paper and pencil in hand I started cooking and this is the recipe I came up with I hope you enjoy it.

Lasagna Soup
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans, diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
32 oz. chicken broth or (6 cups water and 6 bouillon cubes)
2 teaspoons Italian season
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 small box lasagna noodles, broken into pieces (about 10)
1 carton ricotta cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

In a large stock crumble Italian sausage add onion and garlic; cook until sausage is browned and onions are tender. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian season and brown sugar bring to a boil;
 
add broken lasagna noodles
 and cook about 12 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
In a small bowl combine, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and parsley.
To serve ladle soup into soup bowls; top with ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soup... yum. And I love the look of the chunky noodles. Great job.

Victor said...

I'm glad I found out this blog from of my local blogger.

I never heard of lasagna, it must sure taste good.

Alisa said...

What an interesting recipe! This would make a great entry to the best of the food bloggers cookbook. It's a full color cookbook that will be published by Andrews McMeel Publishing this coming Fall 2010.It would be great if you could join in this event! You can find out more about it at this link.Sorry I had to leave this message here.I wanted to email you but couldn't find it,so I dropped this one instead. Hope you do join. Thanks!