Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken

Sometimes the southern girl and me comes out and I just get a craving for fried chicken. But I don’t eat a lot of fried food these days. I have a lot of fond memories of my grandmother Whitley’s fried chicken, and all the time she would spend frying up the chicken in her skillet. I love to find easier ways of doing things, and what better way than to fry the chicken up in the oven. So when those cravings hit this is the recipe I throw together. The best part of this recipe is picking at all the crunchy pits that are left in the pan.



Oven Fried Chicken

1 whole chicken; cut into 8 pieces (0r chicken pieces of your choice)
1½ cups flour
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup butter; melted

Preheat oven to 425⁰ F. Pour melted butter into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Mix together flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture; place in baking pan.
Bake for 25 minutes; turn, and bake for another 25 minutes more.Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Grandmother use to fix this and hers would come out just as brown and soft. When I have tried to fix this it comes out looking just like flour there is maybe just a very, very, lite tan. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

Please let me know what iam doingwrong or help me to get it right.

Stefanie said...

Did you use enough paprika. It helps to give it that nice color. Try that I hope it turn out right!